Network Printing with Windows 95/98/ME
These are the steps to allow a computer to access a printer
connected to another computer on the network. They assume the
printer is already connected and working with the computer
connected to the printer and that the printer is assigned as
shared at the other computer. Note that serial printers are not
1) In Shoppro, choose Printer Redirection (choice 8,B)
Press Enter and Esc to get to the Customize Printing Destinations
page. Answer the question: "If every station should store its own
copy..." with C.
2) Click on to Start->Settings->Printers. Add a Network Printer
using Add printer. If you don't know the name of the
printer, choose Browse
In this example, the shared printer name is \\SERVER\HP
but the name will be different in your case. (This name what is
typed in the Network path or queue name).
3) Open (click) the new HP network printer icon. Choose
Printer->Properties, and click the Details Tab.
4) Click Capture Printer Port. Choose Device: LPT2
5) In Path: type the name of the share printer (e.g. \\SERVER\HP)
Or in the Path box there is a down arrow that you can click
to select the correct printer name from a list.
6) Click the Re-connect at login. Click OK.
7) Go into Jewelry Shopkeeper (Pro). Choose Printer Control
Codes (Choice 8,A). Press Esc to add a new printer (Choose
"NOT USED - ADD PRINTER" in Shopkeeper) Since were this is
Hewlett Packard Laser in this example, duplicate the HP
Laserjet. Name the printer "Network HP" and type LPT2 for
the Printer Port.
8) In the Printer Control Codes menu, select 0 to Exit and Save
9) Go to the Printer Redirection Feature [Choice 8,B]. Note the
printer number assigned to the printer called: Network HP.
10) Press <Esc> to "Customize Printing Destinations" screen.
Type the newly assigned printer number in any print job to
be redirected to the network printer.