Network Printing with Windows 95/98/ME
These steps apply to Version 9.4 and higher.
These are the steps to allow a computer to access a printer
connected to another computer on the network. They assume the
printer is already connected and working with the computer
connected to the printer and that the printer is assigned as
shared at the other computer. Note that serial printers are not
0) To make sure the printer is shareable: At the computer with the
printer, click on Start->Settings->Printers, Right-click the printer
icon for the printer to be shared, from the small menu click on
Sharing and make sure the printer is shared and has a name - pick a
simple one such as HP1200 or HP920.
1) At the other computer (the one withOUT the printer)
click on to Start->Settings->Printers. Add a Network Printer
using Add printer. If you don't know the name of the
printer, choose Browse
In this example, the shared printer name is \\SERVER\HP
but the name will be different in your case. (This name what is
typed in the Network path or queue name).
2) Open (click) the new HP network printer icon. Choose
Printer->Properties, and click the Details Tab.
3) Click Capture Printer Port. Choose Device: LPT2
4) In Path: type the name of the share printer (e.g. \\SERVER\HP)
Or in the Path box there is a down arrow that you can click
to select the correct printer name from a list.
5) Click the Re-connect at login. Click OK.
6) Go into Jewelry Shopkeeper (Pro). Choose Printer Control
Codes (Choice 8,A). Press Esc to add a new printer (Choose
"NOT USED - ADD PRINTER" in Shopkeeper) in this example,
duplicate the HP Laserjet (but change for your own printer).
Name the printer "Network HP" and type LPT2 for the Printer Port.
7) In the Printer Control Codes menu, select 0 to Exit and Save
8) Go to the Printer Redirection Feature [Choice 8,B]. Note the
printer number assigned to the printer called: Network HP.
9) Press <Esc> to "Customize Printing Destinations" screen.
Type the newly assigned printer number in any print job to
be redirected to the network printer.
10) From the same "Customize Printing Destinations" screen find the prompt
"If every station should store its own copy of this page of settings,"
on what drive should they be stored?" and choose drive C