TO MAKE CUSTOMER LIST/LABELS BASED ON CUSTOMER BUYING HISTORIES
(Version 8.7 and Higher only)
1) Select Mailing Labels (choice 6,1)
2) Choose For Total Purchases Between (choice 5). Leave the
default values 0 to 9999999.99.
MOST OFTEN, USERS ARE TRYING TO TARGET THEIR TOP 2000 (OR SO)
CUSTOMERS REGARDLESS OF THE TYPES OF MERCHANDISE THE CUSTOMER
BOUGHT OR HOW LONG AGO THEY MADE THE PURCHASE. IF THAT'S TRUE FOR
YOU, THEN SKIP STEP 3.
3) If you're trying to target the mailer to a specific group of
customers then select YES to fine tune the purchases. If
appropriate, fill in the: Vendor, Mfg, Styles, Major class range,
Minor class range, Date range, For single retail prices above or
For sales clerk selections.
4) When asked to RECALCULATE PURCHASE TOTALS, answer YES.
5) Choose BEGIN PURCHASE REPORT (choice A)
A list of customers and their relative ranking will be shown.
Also, their TOTAL PURCHASES, LAST YEARS PURCHASE and TWO YEARS
AGO PURCHASES will be shown for comparison. The address and phone
number are displayed to the far right.
Browse down the list until you find the customer name whose RANK
corresponds to the total number of mailers you want to send. In
this example youþd find the customer who's ranked 2000.
Write down the customer's TOTAL PURCHASES amount. (ie: $75)
6) Choose FOR TOTAL PURCHASES BETWEEN again and type in (in our
example) $75 and $9999999. Answer NO to the FINE TUNE QUESTION.
Answer NO to the RECALCULATE question.
7) Begin printing labels or create the mail merge file (Choice S)