TO CHANGE THE PERIOD XX (Calendar Year) TO Period XX (new Fiscal Year)
1) Run a cleanup. [choice 8, 7, CLEANUP]
2) Make a Backup. Keep this backup in a safe place and don't
reuse it; Just in case.
---- Step 3 IF YOU DIDNT JUST CLOSE THE PERIOD VERY RECENTLY ---
3) Close the period as normal. When the process is completed
the program will say "The period was successfully reset. The
new period is XX."
4) Return to the Main Menu and go to the Store Information
Defaults. [choice 8, 8, page 1]
Change the period to period XX
5) Return to the Main Menu. Confirm that the period says XX
6a) Select Utility Programs (File,Misc, Utilities)
6b) Highlight and select TRACK. Confirm that backups have been
6c) All number fields, change to XX (ie. Last Period which was
6d) All date fields, change to 12/31/2006 (ie. Date sales files
were last purged:) (except the date the current month is due
to end which should be 01/31/2007)
6e) You will be returned to the Main Menu when you complete the
6f) Again, select Utility Programs (File, Misc, Utilities)
A list of utility programs will appear.
7a) Highlight and select PERIOD. Confirm that backups have been
7b) This utility asks: What period is January? Type: XX. It will
then ask you to confirm January is period XX. Answer Y. When
completed, this utility program will return to the Main
8) Go to the DOT Prompt (Pro version File, Misc, Dot prompt).
From the blank screen with the Dot Prompt, type:
DO EOY <enter>
9) Run another cleanup. [8, 7, CLEANUP]
10) Run a Cleanup a Range of Yearly files [Choice 8, E, 8]
Select CLEANUP YEARLY FILES 2000 through 2006 and type CLEANUP.
11) The changing of fiscal year periods is complete.